So the rummage sale is over. Imagine $3000 worth of nickel, dime and quarter purchases. Thats a lot of stuff. And, it was really great. But, I am exhausted. I know I pushed myself really hard, because the last two years I ended up in the hospital, working myself too hard. So, it was like I had to prove to myself that I could get through it. Of course, having cancer didn't help. But, I was able to get through And, I did. And, I realized that what I like about my job is that I like making a difference. I am going to propose to the church to open a thrift shop in some property that they own. I would run it, generating dollars for the church. If I didn't have a worry about medical and life insurance coverage, I'd do it myself. But, I need that. What the heck?
I am so so tired. The kids have been on their own too much and the house shows. We tried hard today to get things back in order. And, I know I'll pay for it tomorrow. But, it's over.
The neighbor seems to keep his distance from us. Whatever. I don't have time to worry about that. My son turns 16 this week. Amazing. When did this happen? He will be shaving soon! How did this happen? Folding baby clothes, it got to me, that that part of my life is over, forever. I'll never have a baby again. I do hope I live long enough to be a grandma, though. I want to be really involved with the kids and their kids, not a pain in the ass, but, there for them, to support them. Gordon and I didn't have that with our parents. They just were not there.
No comments:
Post a Comment