Sunday, January 22, 2006

Peace?

Another Sunday. I think I'm coming out of a long funk. It was a doozy, but I feel like I turned the corner this weekend. I know that that is the ebb and flow of things. I feel a little guilty that I have a sense of calm these days in my life. I can't deny that I like it; I like having a job, paying my bills on time, trying to eat right, trying to do the right thing, even when no one is looking. And, there is the turmoil.... at what cost? I wish that Gordon were here now to join me in this peace. But, I have to believe that he experiences a peace he never felt when he was alive. I sure hope so.

I'm going to try and get up and go work out before work. I know if I can do it, I'll feel so much better. I deserve it, I guess.

Is it ok to not have stacks of worries? What if, I am ok with dealing with the here and now, and leaving the rest to God? Is that ok? At least for now, that is how I am. I hope that anyone reading this, is having a sense of peace in their own lives. That's all we really want, right?

2 comments:

Lainey said...

Sounds like you're feeling better.

In spite of my circumstances, I have experienced a sense of peace in recent days.

It's OK!
His grace is sufficient!

Lynda said...

Of course it is ok!

Today have have peace. The past few days have been really bad for me emotions-wise.

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a proud Kansan, blessed with a great family. I am pursuing a graduate degree in Social Work. Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. I choose livin!