Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Strange things are happening. In our household, which consists of my dad, who is almost 79, myself, at 46 and my daughter who is 15, we are all getting sick. And, not just a little sick, but, really sick. We've been passing a couple of viruses back and forth. And, it's wiped us all out. At one point today, all 3 of us were fast asleep in our rooms, in the middle of the day, with the rain gently falling outside, and all three of our usual days of work and school going on without us.

I believe there is a reason for this. Stress has taken a toll on all three of us. I can't imagine being nearly 79. I'm tired at 46. And, in the same vein, I can't imagine being almost 16, but having the soul of an old, old lady, like my daughter has.

Ugh.

I have to believe that we need to slow down, rest, let the rain fall and just 'be' for a bit. That's about all we can manage right now.

Looking forward to family gathering this weekend for dad's birthday. 79 years. Wow.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a proud Kansan, blessed with a great family. I am pursuing a graduate degree in Social Work. Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. I choose livin!