Friday, July 30, 2010

Onward, Ho!

I was victorious first thing this morning: I changed dad's dressing without killing him. That is always a good thing.

I was really fretting and stewing about it. From the angle I was at, when I watched the very experienced nurse perform this task, I could see dad tear up. The notion of hurting dad was almost more than I could handle, and given what I was doing, forcing gauze into an open wound, was almost as bad.

But, I did it. My strategy? Don't look at his face. Concentrate on the task at hand. Be gentle and... Get. It. Done.

Ok, now I understand what medical personnel do, hour after hour. Good god, I am glad I am not a nurse.

High finance: My very limited finances right now have to perform great tasks. But, if I can keep it all straight, I will be ok. It's just one more week or so.

The 'Shark' series of cleaning supplies suck eggs. I got caught up in buying the shark cleaning systing one night when I was having a bout of insomnia and had nothing to do but watch infomercials. The bald headed guy and his able bodied assistant sold me on the miracles of steam. And, I bought it, hook, line and sinker. And, I dragged that stupid vacuum to the trash the other day. Piece of poop.

So, I am going to buy a cheap vacuum to support the fine work of my Dyson. My dyson is my pride and joy. It works, and works and works. I love it. And, I don't want it to overdo today.

Onward, ho!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a proud Kansan, blessed with a great family. I am pursuing a graduate degree in Social Work. Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. I choose livin!