Monday, October 01, 2007

Everybody Hurts

Everybody hurts. The song by REM. So great, that song, and, man, so true. Everybody hurts.

A couple of my son's friends are hurting these days. One of them can't seem to live at home. He and his mom can't get along. She hounds him. She tells him on a regular basis how he'll not amount to anything; I think when a parent says something like that, they might as well just say goodbye. This is a kid who is an old soul in a young guy's body. I just love him. Fortunately, he is living with a super family. They've invited him into the fold. That's the kind of family they are. Thank god for them.

Another friend admitted she was suicidal. And, again, when I saw how her parents reacted, I saw clear as day, this is a problem. They aren't hearing her. She's standing in front of them and they aren't seeing her. Right now, God, promise me I won't do that with my kids. If they are hurting I wanna help them!

Everybody Hurts.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a proud Kansan, blessed with a great family. I am pursuing a graduate degree in Social Work. Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. I choose livin!