Monday, June 21, 2010

Contract Pending...

Contract Pending..... Oooooooo I love the sound of that. It sounds so official, so, hopeful.

Yes, the two or three of you that read this, I sold the house, or, rather, to be technically accurate, I probably sold my house, barring some unforeseen problem with his financing, etc etc..... Do you believe it? Do you?

It all started with me sleeping soundly one morning last week and being awakened by a phone call from my realtor/friend at like 7:30. Very calmly she reported that there were not one, but two offers. I really wasn't sure if I heard her right. Two? Really? Is this a dream? Nope.

I set about cleaning a house as completely and perfectly as possible, as apparently the week before, Sam and I had done a shitty job.... anyway, I really got into the cleaning, so I wouldn't have explosive diarrhea from the excitement I was truly feeling about the house... so their house got cleaned from top to bottom, while they watched television and their dog barked at the vacuum....

Eventually, I met with my realtor/friend over lunch and looked at the two offers. the first one sucked gas. Horrible. I would have had to PAY for them to buy this house? Then, the other offer, was really ok. A good, solid, kind offer. Not too much, not too little..... much more of a sure thing....

So, today I find myself worried. I am driving my dad and kids nuts with my worry, 'Nervous Nelly' as dad says..... I am 'what if-fing'....

Let me share with you:

1. What IF the inspection reveals like, a dead body trapped in the attic or something I can't account for?
2. What IF the new owner drives by when it is 100 degrees and notes the a.c. in my bedroom window because I have to have it at like 50 degrees to sleep these days because of hot flashes? What then?
3. What IF I can't find a place that my 16 year old daughter likes, I like and dad likes? What then?


I know..... I need to friggin chill.

Truth be told, I'd live in a cardboard box and could make it homey. 'Home is where I hang my hat' as my dad likes to say. Well, that's about right for me, too.

Here is what I hope to gain from this experience, which may be too much pressure for this experience: I would like to be re-acquainted with this concept:

Things went very smoothly, like clockwork, in fact

Now, THAT is something I have all but forgotten about. Things going smoothly.... I know that the alternative has something to do with my influence on things, but, also, I have had my fair share of 'what the HELL is happening?' in my lifetime.

It went like clockwork

Hmmmmm I can feel my innards calming down just saying that. No explosive diarrhea, nightmares of dead relatives and temperature gauges pointed to the red.

Calm.

Calm.

That's what I am after. Let this guy take this house and make it his own or whatever the heck. Let us move forward in peace. Amen

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a proud Kansan, blessed with a great family. I am pursuing a graduate degree in Social Work. Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. I choose livin!