Monday, August 02, 2010

What is Contentment?

The dreaded 'turn around' or whatever the hell it is called, is over. Our team of myself, Diane, Sam, Nick and TJ worked like trojans. We ended up doing 12 apartments which means: 12 ovens, 12 fridges, alot of friggin blinds (more about those later) and I think, last count like 20 toilets, tubs, showers and sinks.

And while I am thinking of it, a word or two about mini blinds. Blinds are worthless. And, guess what? They are CHEAP. I can go to a dollar store or Walmart and buy NEW BLINDS for like $4 bucks or so. But, instead, we were to send in a group of people to hand clean every row of the blinds. I'm still mad about that.

And, a word now about taking care of one's possessions. I had to toss a load of clean clothes into the trash that someone forgot was in the washer. I threw away drawers' full of stuff from bathrooms, kitchens and the like. It's as if the tenants just got tired of packing things and just decided it was easier to just let someone else deal with it.

Well, that someone else is ME.

But, a word about the hardest working people in Lawrence. Diane and her son, Nick worked like.... trojans (can't think of another word) and did things the right way, the first time. No half-assed jobs with these two! Every suface that they were responsible for was clean, clean, clean. TJ was amazing as well, climbing up and inspecting hard to reach places and finding bizarre things like men's underwear stuffed into a kitchen drawer. But, TJ just kept on going, on and on and on.... and, with a cheerful attitude. Thank you, TJ!

And then there is/was Sam. Sam, who has to live with me, and deal with me on a daily basis worked hard, too. And, tonight, while I type this, Sam unpacked my filthy car and organized all of my cleaning supplies, without me asking. Sam has been a lifesaver this summer, cleaning, organizing, etc., first as we attempted to sell the house, then, as we moved out, then, moved in. I will miss Sam the man, but I have to admit, Sam the Worker, too. Thankyou, Sam!

But, it's over. We moved. We have pictures hung on the walls. Dad is ok. And, I am content.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a proud Kansan, blessed with a great family. I am pursuing a graduate degree in Social Work. Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. I choose livin!