Saturday, October 30, 2010


Lovely Saturday. Sunny. Cool breeze. And, only one house to clean, and then I can devote myself to cleaning up my own house! Yay, me!

Our little kitten, Tiny is a hoot. She attacks our dog, Cinnamon and they wrestle all over the floor. It is great fun to watch. Our other cat, Lily, is becoming more tolerant of this little whipper snapper. But, only tolerant. I don't see them snuggling anytime soon.

Georgia did an outstanding job keeping this kitten alive. She and her best friend found a litter of new little kitties about 6 weeks ago and they were nearly dead. Mama cat was gone. So, with a little prodding, they convinced me to turn her room into a feline nursery, complete with baby bottles to feed the tiny kittens. She assured me that she would find homes for all four of the babies. But, gosh, what a coincidence, she could only find homes for three and, what about the runt, Tiny? And then Georgia would hand me Tiny to hold, and I fell in love, too. So, there you go.

What is funny about Tiny is that Mr. Sour Puss, Dad, who barely tolerates pets, likes Tiny. And, Tiny likes dad. And, they snuggle together. Just don't tell dad, as the snuggling occurs when dad is snoozing in his chair, watching Law and Order. Ha ha.

I have a job interview next week. It would mean stability in my unstable life. It would mean health insurance for the uninsured (me). It would give me some peace. Oh, I hope I get it. Prayers appreciated. I sooooo love what I do. I mean, I really, honestly love it. It does not feel like work. And, being able to help others is like the best thing, ever. I cannot describe how much I love it.

Georgia goes driving with her driving instructor this weekend. She is nervous. I am a little nervous, but, actually somewhat relieved. I am a nervous nelly when I take her out. And, with only one car, and one that is not in great shape, I am protective of it. Go, Georgia!

Well, this isn't the most interesting of posts. I am hoping to break my recent losing streak, cooking-wise. I have made some truly awful dinners the last few weeks. Poor dad and Georgia! But, they try and eat them. Don't know what is going on. Need to put my heart more in my cooking. I think I have just had too much going on, in my head and out of my head. Big papers. Lotsa work. That would do it.

So, the focus this weekend, is on taking it easy and paying attention!

Have a wonderful weekend!

And, if you are in Lawrence this afternoon, driving, Beware of Georgia!

:)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a proud Kansan, blessed with a great family. I am pursuing a graduate degree in Social Work. Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. I choose livin!