
I'm a Kansan, mom, widow, sister, student and cancer survivor. I'm busy livin, and workin hard.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Surrounded by Love
This picture makes me cry. No, not because it is sad. Nearly every person in this photo is captured in a smile or giggle. It's the notion that long long ago, my dad was a little boy, seated next to his big, strong father, his own arms tan from working in the fields. I love the look on his brothers' faces, being ordered to 'smile!' as the picture was taken. There's laughter and happiness. To me, they all look like they are used to being together, and I love the notion of a big family being together. My great grandparents are at the back of this photo. They must have been so proud. This is what I want: being surrounded by love.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Rose Nose Links
About Me
- Rose Eiesland Foster
- I am a proud Kansan, blessed with a great family. I am pursuing a graduate degree in Social Work. Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. I choose livin!
3 comments:
Hi Rose,
You are an exceptional writer. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have spent the evening reading your blog and relate to so much. I have had a hellish past five years, just coming out on the other side. Details are different, but the feelings are the same.
Yeah, you should write a book!
Hi Rose,
You are an exceptional writer. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have spent the evening reading your blog and relate to so much. I have had a hellish past five years, just coming out on the other side. Details are different, but the feelings are the same.
Yeah, you should write a book!
Rose, It is a great blog!
Post a Comment