Sunday, March 18, 2007

Going to the Root of the Problem

Tomorrow I have a root canal and a crown put in. Whoopee! While some people are cheering on the hawks or enjoying spring break on a beach, I'll be having my mouth worked on.

After 80 treatments of radiation, at age 20 and then 40 and then two bouts of cancer with lotsa chemo, my salivary glands have been damaged. And, that means not enough spit. And, if I don't have enough spit, then major league cavities develop and things go south from there. So, as I survive two bouts of cancer, I continue to find out the price of this survival. And, tomorrow I'll deal with it. But, that's ok. A few hours in the dentist chair is a small price to pay.

Speaking of pay... the rug cleaning business is going well. What a bizarre thing to do, but, heck, why not? The kids and I have been working hard cleaning the house, doing laundry, etc. Daugher and I fixed dinner together. No messes with the animals. Good day.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

I am a proud Kansan, blessed with a great family. I am pursuing a graduate degree in Social Work. Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. I choose livin!